Monday, October 02, 2006

Feeling bushed? Curl up with a warm, cozy decider...

A few days ago, I called my brother to see if there was anything he needed. Some new socks maybe, or more long underwear to lessen the chills that plague him in colder weather.
He listed socks, some fleece sweats and fingerless gloves, and then he said,
"Oh, one more thing. I want an impervious comforter."
Right away, I thought - well, who doesn't?
The days are cold for all of us here on planet freakshow.
And for a few days I carried the concept of that kind of protection around
like my very own old, well-worn 'lovey'.
But the impervious part bugged me a bit, and after a while I began to wonder
if I really grasped the true nature of the word.
So I looked it up, along with the word comforter - and damned if I don't already
have the son of a bitch. And, guess what?
So do you!

Impervious: "incapable of being influenced, persuaded, or affected:
impervious to reason; impervious to another's suffering.

Comforter: a person who reduces the intensity (e.g., of fears) and calms and pacifies;
"a reliever of anxiety"; "an allayer of fears".

Whew. I feel better now.
Don't you?



bs

1 comment:

Clear Creek Girl said...

I feel better just reading your blogs, knowing that you are out there, typing away, from time to time, putting your own absolutly unique stamp on Life.