Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Crazy Quilt

Continuing on with my quest to clean up and clear out,
I purged my e-mail today. Why did I still have mail
saved from 1963? I do not know… but going through it
gave me an idea. What follows is a patchwork of 'used'
chunks of e-mail; held together only by the fact
that I received every piece in the last year or so.
I added nothing – except for the* that
identifies each individual bit.

Dear BS:
*Might I point out the curcial facts that lurk here?
*We discovered that Human filth is rapidly shared when
certain conditions are met.
*And, You are my sister, so I hope that we can co-exist civilly
in the same state, (if not the identical state of mind.)
*Please understand that the survival of either of us would be
the most advantageous outcome here, and remember
*I am both spleen less, & devoid of the appendix,
and I am a recipient of a synthetic zeugmatic arch.
*So, I am replying against my better judgement,
in fact against the advice of my sisters and close friends.
*You know, there were questions that used to haunt me when I
was younger. These days, being older, I'm haunted still.
*I am not trying to excuse what I did, or said - (what did you hear?)
'cause I don't remember saying anything untoward...............
*So now, please answer my one question. Do you surely must agree that
America is employing pot as a political whipping boy?
*Now, granted my social demenor does surely want for modification
at crutical times....
*But, Be it thusly Dear heart,
*remove the infection, flush it with 10 liters of anti-biotic fluid,
pack it with slow release anti-biotic beads
(I din't even know they had such things)… and sew her up.
*I am now, even a little more than usual, pissed off.
I need some new pants.
*But, trying on underwear is such a fuckin drag.
*And, the most disturbing element to our society is that we Americans
praise the effort & skill taken to create such rube goldberg'esque contraptions.
*Regarding ethics, charisma and diggety dank, it’s safe to say that
even if your current employers doubled your salary, I would hate
to think of you garnering success while surrounded by a fetid pool
of rotting leaves and monkey urine.
*So, Thank you for the kind words, but as a rule of thumb
it is generally a poor idea to send an email to my work that
talks about how my employers are assholes and I should leave them.
*In closeing, I'd greatly appreciate knowing that my own flesh & bloody blood held me in enough regard to remember these pertenant things:
*2. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
6. Sarchasm: the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit
and the person who doesn’t get it.
17. Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an asshole.

*P.S. Re: BARBARA'S SKULL: What happened to the picture?
Oh, I have a feeling that thing will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Somewhat nonsensical, but an amusing exercise nonetheless.
Or...maybe not.

In other, likely more interesting news - I saw part of Smoke Signals again today. I had forgotten how much I liked that movie, and how much I loved
the book (The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven.).
I also re-watched the Sopranos "Fleshy Part of The Thigh, and
have a few ideas about what the hell is going on in Jersey.
Basically - the lie is out, the curtain is lifted and people are going
to be forced to look at who and what they really are.
Paulie is not a loving son, Vito is not a macho gangster,
A.J is none of the things Carmella says he is - and Tony
is neither a stand-up bossman or a hard-working dad/husband.
There is no loyalty, no respect, no 'family bond'...
It's like a nest of lies inside of lies...
My predictions: A.J. kills somebody and goes to prison.
Paulie dies - soon.
Christopher screws Tony over big time.
And Tony - I think maybe he turns state evidence.
Oh, and speaking of liars and predictions - I told D.
long ago that future generations would look back at Bush
and his administration as one of the most dishonest in history.
Newest weasel - Brian J. Doyle - (Homeland Security's
deputy press secretary/on-line-kid-seducer).
Pathetic.
Or - to steal one last line from my purged e-mails:
* I think …. To summarize………… he is a freaky creep.

Okay - enough postulating..

bs

11 comments:

Oberon said...

......if i could.....i would never sleep.

RJ March said...

that was brilliant, just brilliant.

love the "nest of lies" theory. I am with you on all of this.

having a hard time with The Glass Castle-- I think my problem is with the writing, but everything smacks of hillbilly hullabaloo. I'm still in the early stages-- she's six years old and doing binary code mathematics. I can accept the genius, but the little-girl writing style is killing me!

Brown Shoes said...

I could go on at length about the little girl writing style, and
don't even get me started on the
"in the morning I discovered electricity and by noon I'd made a life-size turbine engine out of tin cans...and oh, yeah, I saved the world..." stuff....but what really irked me the most was that she purports to have written the book in an effort to be honest about and embrace where she comes from - yet, I felt that her book was one long "I'm not like them. I'm not, I'm not."
And, I must be honest, I felt annoyed that such a fantastic childhood was wasted on such a
so-so writer.

bs

Triple Dog said...

Geez, you get better emails than I ever do...

I should collect the parent ones I get at work...

...still not as interesting as these.

And thanks for the book non-recommendation...less to file through at the bookstore.

Zoe's Art Stuff said...

Hello! I have been going through your posts and I gotta' tell you -- it's empowering somehow to connect with interesting people again. Folks like you are a rarity in East Texas, sadly. But reading your blog whisks me away to my university days, where every other person I met was the absolute coolest peron on the planet. You can't imagine how good that is, unless you, too, have exiled yourself on a remote isle. Ain't blogging the grandest?

Brown Shoes said...

Muchas gracias for the complement.
In some ways, I too live in exile -
so the world of blog has been a
supply raft of sorts, bringing me marvelous bits of exotica from various corners of the world.

bs

Clear Creek Girl said...

Wonderful blog! Thank you thank youfor this fine collage of fascinating and inspirational language!
Dr. Bookworm

I wonder who the Freaky Creep is. I love the term.

Brown Shoes said...

Freaky creep refers to...
a freaky creep who is going around town stealing women's e-mail addresses off of business promo sign-up sheets - which he then uses to try and seduce them.
Poorly.

bs

RJ March said...

Yeah, this book is truly a torture. I think she should be bitch-slapped by James Frey.

Brown Shoes said...

hmmmm...
they've both been on Oprah.
I smell a rat.


bs

Clear Creek Girl said...

Listen, Brown, would you please mess around with this material and make some poems? Pretty please?
I look forward.