Friday, October 21, 2005

The hair apparent

Friday at last.
I finally forced myself to go get a haircut, which I have been needing for quite some time.
This salon was all about product - how some people named Ken and Rachael have invented a new kind of water that beads up and"silkenates" each individual hair. Please - take a look at me! Do I look like I give a flaming shit about silkenizing?
As I had promised myself I would before going in, I tried to state my few hair needs clearly and concisely. Right before my hair cutting lady began to snip I said, "Please do not give me bangs."
"Ooooh, no need to panic," she answered, and then her scissors made bangs from one side of my head to the other. At this point, I experienced the haunting phenomenon I always experience in beauty parlours - I became as paralyzed as if I'd been shot with a tranquilizer gun (and oh, how I wish I had been). Immobilized, I just sat there, seeing myself see myself in all my miserable, bang-getting misery while Hair Lady snipped happily away.
In the end, I looked pretty much like I usually do, except for the curtain of hay across my forehead. Hair Lady turned me around a few times, gave me a chuckle of affirmation and then sprayed me with a cannister of liquid Satan that smelled like vitamins and fruit... silkenizer no doubt...and I was done.

Sad television confession of the day: 3 minutes of Star Jones on The View. I turned it on accidentally while looking for the news, and it took me all 3 minutes to realize I who I was looking at. Star has lost a lot of weight, and somehow gained a lot of eye; it's a predatory
look I found extremely unsettling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Extremelly Funny!!!!! I enjoyed your blog immensely. And yes Star Jones has lost a ton of weight I believe she looks more like an alien. ! LOL Ugh, and I hate bangs too they look really bad on my head . I went through the same situation and told the girl not to cut bangs on my head...what does she do gives me a "fringe" ???Isn't that what a bang is?? LOL