Monday, October 31, 2005

It's official: Bitter Moody Cashier Guy at Albertsons has no more patience with me.
I have no idea what wounded that particular camel - but its' back broke right in half
on Halloween when I said, "Hey, let me guess: Junior High School P.E. Teacher"....
How was I supposed to know he wasn't wearing a costume?
In other news, Oprah has finally actualized herself completely beyond of my realm of acceptance, and into the seething outer rings of my antipathy (where she joins other notables that currently include: Paris Hilton, Jennifer Anniston, Nancy Grace, Sheryl Crow, my older sister, and Mel Gibson's giant beard).
In truth, Oprah is barking right outside my morgue of aversion, where - if things don't improve with her soon - she'll enter to cool her heels with Tom DeLay, George Bush, Melanie Griffith and a few other hair farmers I know.
I know....I feel you... you are wondering "Why all the hatin' on O, brown shoes? And who, might we ask, DO you like?"
Well, the O situation has been building for years, but recently it has reached critical mass. Symptoms? Celebrity fever. Designer fever. Richest woman on earth fever.
Her Maya Angelouges and....
Tom Cruise.
Need I say more?
And as for love - well - there are many to crush on like crazy these days.
Jack Lemmon. Jerry Orbach (and yes, I'm aware they are dead).
Steve Almond, author of Candyfreak. Palmer Candy Company, architect of Junior Mints.
My son, who finagled me a pair of prosthetic feet. Vincent D'Onofrio. The manager of my
bank branch, who actually did what she said she'd do.
Baby Theodore, who is the newest person I know. Carol Burnett.
But, I digress.
The crucial point here is that BMC guy does not like me - and now I will be forced to use the
U-SCAN thing when he's the only living cashier available.
Which I suppose is karma for spending the last half hour blazing this little judgment trail
through cyberspace.
Guilty T.V. - Real Exorcisms. Real Hauntings. Real Psychics......
what have I become?

6 comments:

Mom said...

You have become a member in my Container of Love. My daughter in law has a Vat of Hate, my husband has a Bucket o' Hate, don't know what my son calls his but I think Paris Hilton is in all of them and probably Walmart!

Brown Shoes said...

Finally - a membership I can feel good about! I love the concept of Bucket O'Hate (doesn't KFC have that in Classic or Crispy?).
Do you read David Sedaris? His brother has The Fuckit Bucket. It's full of candy, and he brings it around when really bad things happen, so people in crisis can feel better.
BrownShoes
P.S. Good job on raising your son
up right.

Mom said...

Oh, I love the concept of the Fuckit Bucket. That says it all! I'm about ready to fill one myself and think K will, too, if this Weight Loss Rep keeps up her Miss Thin Know It All Witless schtick!

Clear Creek Girl said...

So we all agree on Paris Hilton ... she's often an inch from becoming an albino spook. A couple hours ago I posted my tribute to her on my yaFro site.
I guess I will have to create my own blog and quit piggy-backing on Kay's ... just so I can comment.

Clear Creek Girl said...

I did it.

Clear Creek Girl said...

Son of a Gun, Big Fun on the Bayou! I haven't figured out how to delete a picture and then make it bigger. So now I have a post with two sizes of one pix ... It's the Oulde Larning Coive!