Thursday, December 29, 2005

Glen Frey feels the burn...

Greetings and salutations, people of Blog, and only my best
to each of you as this weighty old year crawls toward a
most-welcome finish. So long, 2005 - don't let the door
hit you in the ass...
Things around here are not too hideous, my sister has been released
from the hospital and the minimization has begun.
Everything is "fine" and she is "good" and the most important thing
to remember is that we all need to forget about this as soon as possible.
Given the ever-decreasing periods of time between hospitalizations,
I'd say I can safely cross her off my list of things to worry about
until...oh maybe April. After talking to her, I am pretty sure that she
plans to change nothing and so - nothing will change.
Which makes me terribly sad.
On a much lighter note, Christmas was quite festive.
My brother, my son, my daughter and her boyfriend were all here
by Christmas Eve, so Christmas morning was fun. We all got up and had
too much coffee and too much chocolate and watched each other
open presents. The rest of the day was friends and food and still
more chocolate - and then a lot of laying around.
A fine way to celebrate, if you ask me.
Speaking of celebration; pause if you will, and re-read the title
of today's blog and then - gimme a round of applause, because
I am the winner!!!
Following my unfortunate run-in with AssHat from BastardTown,
I did a little research, and found the address of WhereHouse Music
Headquarters. Then I wrote an e-mail, explaining what transpired
between me and the ponytail (and quoting extensively from Wherehouse
Music's own Corporate Code of Ethics), which I fired off to their Executive
Vice President, Treasurer & Chief Financial Officer.
Well - guess who called my house today?
None other than Glen Frey, the Eagle wanna-be,
the AssHat himself...on MY answering machine.
I have to hand it to him - he stayed true to himself. He said (in part),
"We recieved a corporate memo at our store regarding an unfortunate incident
- which I guess I was responsible for -and I would like to speak to you
and see what I can do to make you not not be a customer with us in the future..."
Uh - how about some grammer lessons, for starters?
What I want is for him to actually apologize - and admit that he
needs to pick up some customer service skills. And then, I want
a used CD comparable to the one I had to return. That's it.
Oh, and I want him to cut off his ponytail.
While I do my I'm right dance - on his face.
It feels good, this little vindication.
It feels very good indeed.

bs

2 comments:

artmommusings said...

Yahoo for you, Brown Shoes! It's the little victories in life that are sweet! I hope that you do dance on his face, with your Brown Shoes. Enjoy! I'm so glad Christmas was good for you.

Mom said...

More heroism! Wow! You are approaching the new year on fire! 2006 has got to be a good one for all of us with this kind of victory. And really, this is not a little victory because isn't this what it's all about? Fairness and Personal Responsibility? I'll help you cut off his ponytail! Tell me when!