Monday, January 23, 2006

Jack's back!

He's restricted to the leash for the next three days,
and on a special diet for a week,
but other than that - he is much better.
There seems to be no concensus on his ultimate diagnosis:
gastoenteritis/food poisoning? some weird infection?
One would think that $600.00 later,
there would be SOME sort of answer
but I'll try to just be grateful he doesn't
have anything major wrong with him
and try to leave it at that.
(Although I must admit, I started to do a slow burn regarding
the bill, but I realize how futile that is...so...nuff said.)
Jack was ecstatic to see me and is very happy to be home.
And I am happy to have him here.

4 comments:

Mom said...

I sure hope Jack is a dog...

Brown Shoes said...

a very fine one indeed.

RJ March said...

Are there any other kind?

Clear Creek Girl said...

Yay, Jack! Yahooie! When I was a girl, dogs stayed outside and when they got sick you might take them to a neighbor who was known to be "good" with dogs - but that's it. Nobody I knew ever took them to vets. Nobody put dogs down, either, they just let them walk around with their eyes dangling out of their heads. I'm not kidding. My Uncle Lawrence had a dog named Penny who was about two hundred years old and blind because his eyes were hanging out of his sockets. I was scared to death of Penny. People have changed SO much in terms of their pets - treating them like family members. Us, too. Helll, I once took Dakota in to the vet for an emergency visit because I thought he was sleeping too much. I had no idea that that's what dogs DO.

Have a blast, Jack!