Saturday, January 07, 2006

Man on main street

Man in flared, hip-length,
blonde rabbit-fur coat
on Main Street.
In high-heeled boots.
Pulling a bright blue suitcase on wheels.
Now that you don't see every day.

I am weary of too much rain,
listening to Ryan Adams "Night Birds"
and struggling to work.
The box I am painting stinks;
each time I sand it, the thing out-gasses
a stink like burning beef tallow with a hint
of formaldehyde. Yum.

Woah - the wind just brought down a big alder -
time to get offline and shut down the computer
before the power goes out.

4 comments:

RJ March said...

Hunker down, lady, and cover your head!! I want to keep hearing from you!

artmommusings said...

I hope you didn't loose you power, because the pathetic TV I'm actually watching is Roller Girls. Reality TV about roller derby. Wow. That's pathetic TV. Hope everything's OK.

Brown Shoes said...

I'm feelin' the love -
many thanks.
No fear...
Much rain and big wind
made for some freaky moments,
but all's well.
A big evergreen went down
somewhere up behind the house and an alder fell across the driveway
but I remain unscathed - by
trees anyway.
Today - it's a Miami Ink marathon,
and no wind!

RJ March said...

Ugh. I keep checking for a new post. What's up, lady?