Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Spin






I am tired of liars. I'm sick of their heads on tv, those empty places
in their faces that open and close while words tumble out and stink up the world.

Would the following people please just
sit down and shut their mouths:

George Bush
Barbara Bush
Laura Bush
Neil Bush
Jeb Bush
Saddam Hussein
Ray Nagin
Joan Rivers
Orrin Hatch
James Frey
Courtney Love
The Leptoprin people
Kirstie Alley
Bill O'Reilly
Pat Robertson
Chris Matthews
Condoleeza Rice
Karl Rove
Dick Cheney
Tom Delay


I could go on (and on and on), but my drift is recognizeable.
I guess I am just wishing that the winds of spring
could blow in some fresh air and clear away the clouds of spin
darkening my days of late.

In other news -
Women have now entered the hertofore male dominated workplace-shooting
arena with a bang...so to speak.
Obviously postal worker Jennifer Sanmarcos was sick of something too.
Farewell Coretta Scott King; sincerely - rest in peace.
Goodbye as well to Wendy Wasserstein, Lou Rawls, Wilson Pickett
and Tony Franciosa (not long after ex-wife Shelley Winters).

Invasion tonight - thank god for some mindlessness to take my
mind off my mindlessness!

Time to go and put on my swim fins
and paddle my way to work.

bs

7 comments:

Clear Creek Girl said...

Love your 'Stairway of Stars'! Do you have snorkle attached to your roof? It's not over till the weight-challenged baritone drowns!

RJ March said...

I have to tell you this: I received an email from Stephanie Klein last week. In it she rhapsodises the wonders of blogging and how it makes a world small and introduces her to all sorts of people. In a very nice way, she smacked me down for leaving a bitchy comment for her, and ended with a side-mouthed "Nice blog." I could only reply: Touche.

Is she pregnant? Yikes! That makes me uncomfortable for some reason. Why hate Kirstie Ally? We had a ball watching a marathon of "Fat Actress" Sunday night.

How about Jeb Bush-- he's kinda reprehensible, too.

Tonight is Project Runway. I am fairly excited.

Cheers, you.

Brown Shoes said...

Jeb Bush... -
noted, and added.

bs

Triple Dog said...

Let us not forget, though they rarely speak this days they just pull puppet strings...
...Karl Rove
...Dick Cheney
...Tom Delay

I'd keep Kirstie on the list, too.

Brown Shoes said...

indeed.

bs

RC said...

I like your spin.

Clear Creek Girl said...

Tanking can be good!

(I am just grateful for having the opportunity to crawl that far out on a risky predictive limb.)

[Strange ... your last blog posting refuses to let me leave this message there.]