Thursday, March 30, 2006

beauty

Wow.
Death really puts a damper on things.

And yet, I awoke to to sun on my face
and the fine, white hyacinth shoes of spring
left under my lone pear tree.
There is still so much to celebrate,
in spite of loss, love remains.
Perhaps tomorrow I'll feel more like writing -
till then,
let the poets do the work:



My heart is moved by all I cannot save:
so much has been destroyed

I have to cast my lot with those
who age after age, perversely,

with no extraordinary power,
reconstitute the world.

-from Natural Resources
Adrienne Rich


Today I was given a little book to borrow -
The Hidden Messages in Water by Masaru Emoto
It is touching and fascinating, and a good thing to swallow up right now.


bs

2 comments:

RJ March said...

thinking of you

Brown Shoes said...

And I,
of you.


bs